This book is designed to update and expand basic informatics skills and attitudes relevant to the emerging knowledge society. This book is customized to map cent percent to the curriculum the students will not only find this text as their most competent aid to crack the exam, but also effectively utilize the digital knowledge resources for their chosen courses of study.
- Basic concepts & functional knowledge in the field of informatics
- Functional knowledge of a standard office package and popular utilities
- Awareness of the nature of the emerging digital knowledge society
- Awareness about social issues and concerns in the use of digital technology
- Awareness about major informatic initiatives in India
- Skills to enable students to use digital knowledge resources in learning
- Overview of Information Technology
- Knowledge Skills for Higher Education
- Social Informatics
- IT Applications
- Stream-Specific/Subject-Specific Modules
Alan Evans is currently a faculty member at Manor College and Montgomery County Community College teaching a variety of computer science and business courses. He holds a B.S. in Accounting from Rider University and an M.S. in Information Systems from Drexel University, and he is a certified public accountant. After a successful career in business, Alan finally realized his true calling was education. He has been teaching at the college level since 2000. Alan enjoys giving presentations at technical conferences and meets regularly with computer science faculty and administrators from other colleges to discuss curriculum development and new methods of engaging students.